Getting More Support in a Crisis

If you are feeling in a crisis and in need of advice or support, the following contacts are useful places to start.


  • Contact your GP or after-hours GP service.

  • Contact your mental health team or treatment service if attending one.

  • Go to the local emergency department if in an acute crisis or feeling suicidal or ring 999 or 112

  • More information: HSE crisis advice webpage at

  • Text YMH to 086 1800 280 to connect with a trained volunteer right now. (Standard SMS rates may apply)



  • 24-hour telephone support - Call: 116 123