September 2021 – Minister of State for Mental Health & Older People visited Linn Dara Community Eating Disorder Service. The team were delighted to welcome the Minister on site where she heard from young people and their parents attending the service and also met with our colleagues from BodyWhys.
November 2021 : the NCPED network development day was held virtually for eating disorder teams to share learning and experience of delivering eating disorder care during the pandemic. We are looking forward to meeting again in person in 2022.
- The Linn Dara Community Eating Disorder Team has been highly commended in the HSE Excellence in Quality Care Award category for 2020- very well done to all.
June 2 2020
- Raising awareness for Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2020 (Image attached 8787)
- The Child and Adolescent Regional Eating Disorder Service for Cork and Kerry (CAREDS) celebrated its 1st birthday.
- Our NCPED Network Day of 2020 - 6 eating disorder hub teams and clinicians from Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Sligo and Cavan.
- HSE NCPED, Bodywhys and UCD presented Irish research at the European Chapter AED/ RCPsych Annual Conference in London
FREED (First Episode Rapid Early Intervention for Eating Disorders) training for clinicians in Dublin:
Irish Presentation on developing the HSE CBT-E national clinician network at the Advanced CBT-E conference in Oxford
AEDI (the Academy for Eating Disorders Ireland) was accepted as a partner organisation to the Academy for Eating Disorders (link to AED website)
Formal launch of the Specialist Linn Dara Community Eating Disorder Service in Dublin: